Friday, March 1, 2013

Men’s Designer Shirts: Why being different is a good thing

Luxury shirts by Franck Michel Paris

When you are considering buying a new men’s dress shirt, there are a lot of things to think about.  Of course you want to get something that is high quality, you know you deserve the best.  You want the highest quality fabrics that will feel comfortable on your skin, and if you are going to spend a pretty penny on it you want it to last.  Obviously it’s got to fit right, that goes without saying.  You’ll never wear the most beautiful shirt in the world if it won’t button in the front or if it’s so big that you are swimming in it.  For me, there are two things I think about beyond that.  First of all, is this designer shirt going to make me stand out from the crowd?  Then once I know I have people’s eyes on me, is this shirt going to make me look good?  It’s no good to attract attention if those people aren’t impressed with how you look.
Fashionable men’s designer shirts don’t all stand out of course.  Many big designers are fairly conservative and depend on the name recognition of their brand to sell shirts.  Their products don’t look much different than dress shirts that you can buy in a cheap department store.  Sure they are made with better materials and might be a slimmer fit and the shirt will definitely look better on your body than the cheap department store shirt, but no one is going to look closely enough at you to notice.  Especially on a night out where you’ll probably be in a dark environment most of the time, if you are wearing a plain shirt, you’re just going to blend into the background.   For some people that might be what you are going for, but not me.  I’m happy with a little bit of extra attention.
For me then, it’s more useful to shop the smaller design firms.  It’s harder to get your hands on these shirts, especially if you don’t live in Paris, but trust me it’s worth it.  The fact that these designers can’t rely on their labels to sell shirts is good for you.  They have to impress you in order to sell their fashion shirts, and this means they make shirts that will impress others when you wear them.  These designers don’t skimp on quality or fit either.  Take Franck Michel for instance.  You won’t find a shirt with higher quality fabrics or a more European fit.  It’s a serious slim fit, you might have to order one size larger unless you look like a skinny European soccer player, but trust me, these are the shirts that will get you the same kind of attention that those soccer players get if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. French Shirt - Fashion Shirts. I love the way they you have explained all this. I also know the one who are offering you to design the shirt means "custom design the shirt at your own". They are good in fabric quality as well as stitching quality. You can see rest of all at www.fitcustomshirts.com. I wish and hope you will like them.

    ReplyDelete